David H. Vance
David H. Vance, Ph.D.
For over 25 years, Dr. David H. Vance has been immersed in life science-based intellectual property. This experience includes preparing and prosecuting large US and worldwide patent families both as in-house counsel and as a consultant for pharmaceutical companies. He has provided counseling for the in-licensing of technology, freedom-to-operate opinions, competitive analyses, and drug candidate protection. Dr. Vance has helped companies develop business-focused patent strategies. Further, his IP experience goes beyond life sciences and includes a diverse array of subject matter such as mechanical devices, graphene production, organic light-emitting diodes, and chemical sensors.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- The Ohio State University (Ph.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.S.)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Presentations and Publications:
- American Chemical Society’s Spring 2021 Virtual Meeting, Chemistry and the Law Division: Some Good News, Diagnostically Speaking (April 8, 2021).
- The Center for Advancing Innovation’s Children’s Health Challenge Webinar: IP Evaluation & Strategy (August 28, 2020).
- The Center for Advancing Innovation’s Brain Race Webinar: IP Evaluation & Strategy (November 7, 2019).